Thursday, March 29, 2012

Metropolitan Musuem Trip

 Hello Poppets and Dandies!~<3

Recently, I was lucky enough to be able to visit the Metropolitan Museum of Art on a class assignment. There was only one word I could use to describe the museum, breathtaking.

The beauty of all the paintings from the rococo era to the revolutionary painter Jacques-Louis David kept me amazed. (French enthusiast would definitely adore the museum's collections.)

 Vincent van Gogh's still life paintings brought a smile to my face after my long episode of trying to find the Dutch painter by aimlessly wandering around the museum without a museum map. ((Because maps aren't cool but bow-ties and fezzes are ;) ))

Of course, I cannot forget the complete history nerdgasm I had over at the American Wing of the portraits of George Washington, Marquis de Lafayette and Hamilton. Redheads for the win!

All the exhibits gave insight into the art and history of different cultures which is well worth the massive parking expenses, the over crowded spaces, and the aching feet guiding back to the parking lot after a long day of looking at the visual gallery masterpieces. I know I did...<3

Sincerely
Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment